Postdoctoral Research Fellow
César Asensio received the B.S. degree in Computer Science and in Telecommunications from the University of Valencia, Spain, in 2006, and the M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering in 2008. He worked as a research assistant at University of Valencia for five years, participating in several national and international projects. He is currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree at the University of Agder, Norway, in the area of distributed signal processing and communications with applications in sensor networks.
Network topology optimization and medium access control for fast and energy efficient consensus in WSNs.
- C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Energy efficient Consensus over Complex Networks,, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, March 2015.
- C. Asensio-Marco, D. Alonso-Román, B. Beferull-Lozano, Ensuring high performance of consensus-based estimation by lifetime maximization in WSNs, IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems, June 2015.
- D. Alonso-Román, C. Asensio-Marco, E. Celada-Funes, B. Beferull-Lozano, Consensus based distributed estimation of biomass concentration in reverse osmosis membranes, 1st International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems for Smart Water Networks, CPS Week, Seattle, April 2015.
- E. Celada-Funes, D. Alonso-Román, C. Asensio-Marco, B. Beferull-Lozano, A reliable CSMA protocol for high performance broadcast communications in a WSN, IEEE GLOBECOM, 2014.
- C. Asensio-Marco, B. Beferull-Lozano, Fast Average Gossiping Under Asymmetric Links in WSNs, EUSIPCO, 2014.
- C. Asensio-Marco, D. Alonso-Román, B. Beferull-Lozano, Achieving energy-efficient distributed consensus in wireless Scale Free Networks, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Sydney, 2014.
- C. Asensio-Marco, B. Beferull-Lozano, Optimal topology design for energy efficient consensus in broadcast Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Sydney, 2014.
- C. Asensio, D. Alonso, F. Camaró, B. Beferull-Lozano, Topology optimization for a trade off between energy cost and network lifetime in average consensus, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Vancouver, 2013.
- D. Alonso, F. Camaró, C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Distributed subspace projection over wireless sensor networks with unreliable links, IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), 2013.
- E. Celada-Funes, D. Alonso, B. Beferull-Lozano, C. Asensio-Marco, Field reconstruction in a WSN through distributed orthogonal projection, European Workshop on Sensor Networks (EWSN), 2013.
- D. Alonso, E. Celada, C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Improving reliability and efficiency of communications in WSNs under high traffic demand, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 2013.
- C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Network topology optimization for accelerating consensus algorithms under power constraints, IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS), 2012.
- C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Link scheduling in Sensor Networks for asymmetric average consensus, IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), 2012.
- C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Asymmetric Average Consensus Under SINR-based Interference, EUSIPCO 2012.
- C. Asensio, B. Beferull, A greedy perturbation approach to accelerating consensus algorithms and reducing its power consumption, IEEE International Statistical Signal Processing Workshop, 2011.
- C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Accelerating consensus gossip algorithms: sparsifying networks can be good for you, IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2010.
- C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Finding sparse connectivity patterns in power-constrained ad-hoc networks for accelerating consensus algorithms, EUSIPCO 2010.
- G. Tzagkarakis, G. Tsagkatakis, D. Alonso, E. Celada, C. Asensio, A. Panousopoulou, P. Tsakalides, B. Beferull-Lozano, “Signal and Data Processing Techniques for Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems”, Cyber Physical Systems: From Theory to Practice, 1st edited by D.B. Rawat, J. Rodrigues, I. Stojmenovic, January 2015; CRC Press, US.
I have been teaching assistant in the following courses at University of Agder: