Daniel Alonso received the B.S. in Telecommunications Engineering from the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain, in 1994, and the M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the Universidad de Valencia, in 2011 (Master Special Award). He has worked as project and business manager in different companies in the field of communications and information systems. He worked as a research assistant at University of Valencia for three years, participating in several national and international projects. He is currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree at University of Agder, Norway, in the areas of distributed signal processing, communication and networking for wireless sensor networks.
Network topology optimization and medium access control for fast and energy efficient consensus in Wireless Sensor Networks.
- D. Alonso-Román, B. Beferull-Lozano, Adaptive consensus-based distributed Kalman filter for WSNs with random link failures, IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems, May 2016.
- D. Alonso-Román, B. Beferull-Lozano, Adaptive consensus-based distributed detection in WSN with unreliable links, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2016.
- C. Asensio-Marco, D. Alonso-Román, B. Beferull-Lozano, Ensuring high performance of consensus-based estimation by lifetime maximization in WSNs, IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems, June 2015.
- D. Alonso-Román, C. Asensio-Marco, E. Celada-Funes, B. Beferull-Lozano, Consensus based distributed estimation of biomass concentration in reverse osmosis membranes, 1st International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems for Smart Water Networks, CPS Week, Seattle, April 2015.
- E. Celada-Funes, D. Alonso-Román, C. Asensio-Marco, B. Beferull-Lozano, A reliable CSMA protocol for high performance broadcast communications in a WSN, IEEE GLOBECOM, 2014.
- C. Asensio-Marco, D. Alonso-Román, B. Beferull-Lozano, Achieving energy-efficient distributed consensus in wireless Scale Free Networks, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Sydney, 2014.
- C. Asensio, D. Alonso-Román, F. Camaró, B. Beferull-Lozano, Topology optimization for a trade off between energy cost and network lifetime in average consensus, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Vancouver, 2013.
- D. Alonso-Román, F. Camaró, C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Distributed subspace projection over wireless sensor networks with unreliable links, IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), 2013.
- E. Celada-Funes, D. Alonso-Román, B. Beferull-Lozano, C. Asensio-Marco, Field reconstruction in a WSN through distributed orthogonal projection, European Workshop on Sensor Networks (EWSN), 2013.
- D. Alonso-Román, E. Celada, C. Asensio, B. Beferull-Lozano, Improving reliability and efficiency of communications in WSNs under high traffic demand, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 2013.
- G. Tzagkarakis, G. Tsagkatakis, D. Alonso, E. Celada, C. Asensio, A. Panousopoulou, P. Tsakalides, B. Beferull-Lozano, “Signal and Data Processing Techniques for Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems”, Cyber Physical Systems: From Theory to Practice, 1st edited by D.B. Rawat, J. Rodrigues, I. Stojmenovic, January 2015; CRC Press, US.
I have been teaching assistant in the following courses at University of Agder: