The various activities of the Lab are funded through several national and international projects (including European Projects) with both public and private funding.
Off-shore – On-shore Collective Analytics & Intelligence for condition-based monitoring in drilling & operations using heterogeneous wireless networks (SMART-RIG)
This project is motivated by the grand challenge of providing a new ICT solution for collective off-shore–on-shore intelligence for predictive CBM of drilling rigs.
IT Integration, Data Analytics and Big Data (subproject WP6) – Offshore Mechatronics (Center of Research-Driven Innovation SFI)
Our goal is to investigate analytical methods and network designs that aggregate the information from different components, exploit their correlated behaviors, utilizing novel data mining adaptive methods to predict and detect “unexpected” anomalies in system behavior or changes in the performance of different types of (sequential or in-loop) processes.
Reconfigurable Radio Network Platform (ReRaNP)
This project will implement a research infrastructure that will be able to offer the ability to make large-scale experiments to develop the desired features of wireless systems.
Next Generation Wireless Devices and Networks enabled by Self-Organized Spectrum Cartography (WISECART)
WISECART is a cutting edge project funded from the FRIPRO TOPPFORSK Programme aiming at taking device-to-device (D2D) communication beyond simple proximity services by building self-organized, adaptive mesh type formations of wireless devices considering social engagements across the lower layers of the protocol stack.
Hub Distributed Communications and Intelligence in Heterogeneous Networks (Hub) – CIEM Center
Building a new generation of wireless intelligent heterogeneous networks, including both mobile terminals and different types of devices in the context of Wireless Sensor Networks and the emerging paradigms of Internet-of-Things and Cyber-physical Systems, which will be able to meet the extremely demanding future societal needs of the XXI century in emergency management.
Selected Past projects
(from recent to past)
- Autonomous Control of Large-scale Water Treatment Plants based on Self-Organized Wireless BioMEM Sensor and Actuator Networks (HYDROBIONETS)
- Sensor Network for Dynamic and Cognitive Radio Access (SENDORA)
- Cognitive Software Radios (COGNETs)
- Foundations and Methodologies for Future Communication and Sensor Networks (COMONSENS)
- Cooperative and Cognitive Strategies for Interference Management in Wireless Communication Networks (COSIMA)
- Collaborative signal processing for efficient Wireless Sensor Networks (ASPIRE)
- Creating Ubiquitous Intelligent Sensing Applications (CRUISE), European Network of Excellence (NoE)
- Fundamental Theory and Design of Algorithms for Cognitive Radios (SENSECOGNITIVE)
- Co-operative processing and self-organized communications for Wireless Sensor Networks (SOFIWORKS)
- Network of Excellence in Information and Communication Theory (INFOCOM)
- Dense environmental monitoring through wireless sensor motes (VARIMOS)
- Smart System for Traffic Sign posting and Information (CABINTEC)
- Intelligent and Accessible Environments (EINA)
- Distributed Signal Processing and Communications – Center Mobile and Information Communications (MICS)
- Wavelets and multiresolution techniques for signal processing and communications (DIRECTIONLETS)
Note: Some of these projects were hosted at other institutions than University of Agder