Services and Resources
- The Centre has given and can offer specialized training courses in several areas of Information and Communication Technologies, to companies and institutions, from both Europe and EE.UU.
- Technical assessment in the implementation and maintenance of last generation wireless networks for multiple applications, including LTE networks, 5G, Zigbee, Wifi, LoRa, IoT devices, etc..; as well as the interconnection between them.
- Testbed for the development and validation of algorithms for signal and data processing, machine learning and distributed artificial intelligence for Cyber-Physical Networked Systems, at both software and hardware levels.
- Testbed for development and validation of algorithms and protocols in different types of wireless software-defined radio nodes, such as USRP nodes.
- Testbed for development and validation of various signal processing, machine learning and wireless communication algorithms for different types of UAVs.
- Testbed for development and validation of Data-driven methods for Collaborative Robots.
- Consultant Tasks for Technology companies. Examples of previous companies where our Lab members have consulted are: Telefonica, Telenor, Thales Communications, ACCIONA, Deutsche Telekom, INDRA, IBM, NODE companies, National Instruments, MHWirth, Stepchange, Lundin Norway, NIVA, ABB.
The Centre also leverages its experimental testbeds (acquired through externally funded projects) to validate research assumptions and operating constraints, as well as to effect timely technology transfer of the theory and algorithms stemming from our studies. This allows, beyond the simulation of algorithms, the comparison of techniques in a realistic setup, the evaluation of their robustness and capabilities, and provides valuable feedback into the formulation of further theory. Therefore, we also conduct real deployments that demonstrate the practical impact on several important areas of societal interest.
We also dedicate part of our funding to increasing the operational functionalities of our testbeds, establishing also synergies with other activities at the MIL Lab, where WISENET is also fully exploiting the available supercomputing facilities.