WISENET Centre & Mechatronics Centres lead NFR INTPART Project INMOST
The Mechatronics and WISENET Centre at University of Agder will lead the new INTPART Project INMOST which will allow to build a strong collaboration in several research areas with various highly reputed and top Indian Universities.
This project will establish a multi-international network for interdisciplinary research in Intelligence for offshore Mechatronics systems, including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep learning, cognitive process control, Autonomous sensor systems, Wireless sensors networks, Cyber-Physical Systems and Condition-based monitoring for cranes, vessels, drilling and O&G production systems, wind turbines and other offshore Mechatronics systems.
The project will build an international network to enable PhDs, researchers and students acquiring this interdisciplinary background. It will also obtain complementary transferable skills for careers in academia and industry. Participation in different scenarios with the use of multiple platforms from the consortium, and the supervision from leading research partners will allow to acquire critical knowledge with a holistic approach. This will enhance the R&D competitiveness in offshore industry both in Norway and India.
The main objectives are:
- Strengthen collaborative network between industry (both public and private enterprises) and academia and develop models for technology transfer, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Increased value creation by using smart sensing, machine and deep learning techniques, robotics and advanced control in offshore mechatronics systems.
- Facilitate education and knowledge sharing through better mobility for students and researchers.
- Create an arena for generation of research and innovation projects.
- Increased utilization of research infrastructure in Norway and India.
Full project name: INTPART Project Indo-Norwegian collaboration in Intelligent Offshore Mechatronics Systems (INMOST)
Funding: INTPART Programme, Research Council of Norway
Principal Investigators: Prof. Jing Zhou, Prof. Linga Reddy Cenkeramaddi, Prof. Baltasar Beferull-Lozano, Prof. Ajit Jha
Participant Institutions: University of Agder (Coordinator), NTNU, NORCE, IIT Indore, NIT Goa, IIT Tirupati, IIT Palakkad.
Period: 2020 – 2023